Thursday, September 18, 2008

vacation part 2 - Utah

I rode tripped it with the MacDonald clan from Idaho to Park City, Utah. Park City was awesome, the weather was super nice and sunny. I had a ton of fun checking out all Park City has to offer...there was so many amazing resorts that aren't that popular in the summer, but in the winter I don't think I could even afford to stay there. I checked out my brothers project that he has been working on which was great to see. We also made time to visit the the Olympic Park. I think my favorite part of the trip was getting to share a bedroom with one of my favorites...Miss Gwynn and watching Payton smile!

downtown Park City....
smiley boy...
what a sweetheart he is!
getting into aunt libbers treasures....

Deer Valley Resort...
Miss Gwynn was my photo prop most of the trip! :)


The cute MacDonald Family...
another resort and chair lift (everywhere you looked there was ski lifts!)
what where's penny???
tiffany, gwynn and me riding the chair lift up to the alpine slide...
this is the slide, you ride all the way to the top on the chair lift and then slide down in a sled that you can control how fast it goes....it was super fun, gwynn loved it!


gwynn found her a friend at our favorite coffee shop (notice the dogs mohawk!)
the hill sides were covered with signs of fall...
taking a break and eating a treat...you scream, we scream, we all scream for ice cream!


Olympic Park
the Olympics were held here in 2002,

this is the free style training pool...the skiers climb up the stairs to the ramp and then ski down and land in the water. it was amazing to watch!
notice the guy in red flying through the air...they can reach heights of more than 50 feet!

more of the olympic park...

this is what it looked like looked like in the winter for the olympics
bobsled track - they reach speeds of up to 90mph!
mini sled...
great view from the olympic park...
ready for the bobsled race!!!
Thanks Charlie and Tiffany for letting me tag along on your family vacation, I had so much fun!


here is my attempt of a downloading a video of a freestyle skier...i couldn't figure out how to rotate it. maybe you can rotate you monitor to view it! :)







0 comments: