I figured for most of you that know we are pregnant, you are probably hoping for some belly pics or updates. I have been on the road traveling for work for the last two weeks, so I don't have any pics to share, but I will try and get some by next week. As far as the details go, I'm 12 weeks pregnant with lots of morning (all day and all night) sickness, my asthma has been acting up a bit, which I guess is common during pregnancy, so I have been using some new inhalers that are helping. Are expected due date is the end of May...one day before by 30th birthday! :)
We decided on Salmon Creek in Vancouver for our prenatal care, we had our first appointment on Monday and so far all looks good. The doctor found the heart beat right a way and was impressed by how loud and clear it was, which was amazing to hear! The baby's heart was beating at 15o beats per minute, which she said was good. We are looking forward to the adventure with our little bean, we have already learned so much, but we have so much more to learn. I'm hoping that the sickness stuff subsides, by doctor informed me that she was sick for 32 week....Ugg, I don't know if I wanted to know that! :) We have our 20 week ultrasound scheduled for January 5th, which is when we hope to find out the sex of our little bean. In the meantime we continue to be humbled daily and look forward to the journey ahead.
A few funny stories from our friends and family when they found out we were pregnant:
Dedrick (my girlfriend Wendi's 3 year old son)
When she picked him up from daycare she told him that aunt libbers was pregnant. He then asked her if "kidding" was a bad word, she said no and then he told her that she was kidding that aunt libbers was pregnant! Dedrick then called me on the phone and told me congratulations and I told him that I had a baby in my belly like his mom use too. He loudly informed me that his one year old brother Teagon was not still in his mom's belly anymore! He finished the conversation by telling me that he hopes I have a boy, so they can wrestle each other! I swear every time I talk to that silly kid on the phone he makes me die laughing!
Mckenzie (Brian's sister's 10 year old daughter and our niece)
Her mom gave her the postcard to read and when she got to the part that said we were pregnant she feel on the kitchen floor and started kicking her feet and freaking out! She was so excited that she couldn't handle herself. Mckenzie loves babies and she is also super good with them! I think we need to move back to Oregon, so we can have a on-call babysitter close by!
We are looking forward sharing our adventure with you all..stay tuned!

9 comments:
Congrats!!! How exciting for you guys. I couldn't be more happy for a better couple! YAY! See you this weekend!
what a big surprise, libby had to tell me the picture was a post card so i would read the back, of course i cried , it was the last thing i expected!!! cant wait to squeeze that little one. loveya both abunch. grandma sherry
Mike and I are so excited for you guys! And yes, I am one of the irritating friends waiting for baby bump pictures!!! Love you guys and hope to catch up with you over the holidays.
Hugs.
Congrats to you both! I'm so excited you will be joining us sooner than later with this whole parenthood thing. It's great...for the most part!
Congrats! We are all so excited! Gwynn and Payton will get another cousin around the same age to play with! Your strong and healthy I am sure the sickness will pass....even if it dosen't the end result is way worth it!!! Hang in there!
Joe got the postcard whle I was in CA for work and called me to tell me. We are super excited for you!!! And yes I can't wait to see the libbers bump.
yahoo! we can't wait to meet the little guy. i think despite the fact if it is a boy or girl, the little one better be ready and suited up for hunting season. brian and tyler will have them all out there in no time :) love kat
Thanks for all the very sweet comments! We are super excited and we will keep you updated!
Brian & Libby
Hey Libs & Brian,
Libby it was so nice to catch up with you and hear your little prego voice today. I can't wait for you to get your belly....and yes, you better publish pics :)
Anyhow, huge congratulations to you both. You were made to be a mommy! Love, Apes
Post a Comment