Thursday, May 7, 2009

17 days and counting!!!

I had a much anticipated doctor appointment yesterday, she did an exam on me to check my progress! The verdict is; my cervix has softened and I'm 1 centimeter dilated!!! I was totally shocked! My doctor mentioned that my cervix softening was a big deal because a lot of first time mom's cervix's never softens and it would normally be as hard as a counter top...good to know, glad my body is cooperating! She was able to feel the head, so she is in the right position as well. Since she has gotten so big it's crazy to watch her move, all of a sudden my belly will be lopsided or their will be a hard point sticking out which I think is her knee or elbow. I think she is running out of room! As I was leaving the exam room I mentioned the I would see her next Wednesday and she said or maybe sooner!!!! We are so ready to meet her, I just don't know if I'm ready for the labor part...I guess that is just part of it. I know in the end it is all worth it...we can't wait to cuddle miss sweetpea!!!
name update:
we worked on the name list last night, so we are getting it narrowed down, but we want to meet her before we decide on one. we do know that the middle name will be a family name, just not sure which one yet. so until the big day we will still call her sweetpea!
more on 37 weeks:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

grandma sherry to be says, i cant wait either, so excited!!!!! what ever you name her, i bet sweetpea will always be a special name for her!!!! see you soon, love yamombo

The Holliday's said...

We are so excited for guys! Libby, you look amazing too! Can't wait for the big day!!

Amber, TJ, and Mason said...

So exicted for you. 1cm with 17 days to go is great. Don't let youself worry too much about the labor part. Are you planning to try to do an all-natural birth or go with an epidural or do you know? Whatever you decide, it's all very worth it the moment you hold your baby. Hope this last stretch of pregnancy is going great!

Groves' Family said...

That's great news! So glad your body is cooperating! And I can't wait for the unveiling of the name...the suspense is killing me!