Friday, May 1, 2009

basement progress!

We finally made some exciting progress on the basement! After many weekends and evenings of less then desirable projects in the basement, we finally have sheet rock! I never thought I would be so excited about sheet rock. Last weekend Brian finished up some last minute details to prepare for the sheet rockers. Thank goodness Mom and Jim came up for the day to help as well, because as always those last minute details take way longer then expected to finish. I'm so glad we decided to hire out the sheet rock, it went up super quick and should be finished by next week. Brian mentioned the other day that it is the best money he has ever spent! I'm so glad he is finally getting a break...he deserves it!!!

the family room...
bathroom...

hallway towars bedrooms and bathroom...

bedroom...

We are heading to Oregon this weekend to celebrate baby Carter (Pat and Ada's little guy on the way), then next weekend we should be ready for paint, doors and molding. I'm getting excited for it to be finished, it will be so nice to spend those hot summer days in the basement as it get fairly warm upstairs. We are hoping after the basement is finished we can relax a bit and just enjoy miss sweetpea and the summer weather...I can't wait!!!

2 comments:

Groves' Family said...

It looks great! How wonderful! Sounds like Brian might meet his deadline after all!

The Holliday's said...

I am super impressed! When we get to dry-walling I am calling you guys!! Great work!